P&M Computer Services offers support for small, peer-to-peer networks often found in a small business office or a home office environment. Peer-to-Peer networks consist of 10 or fewer computers networked together with the intent of sharing computer resources, simple file sharing or sharing a dedicated printer. A dedicated Windows server is not required to successfully maintain this type of network.
Peer-to-Peer networks can be directly hardwired with Ethernet cable, be completely wireless or have a mixture of hardwired and wireless devices all on the same network.
For mid to large-size networks, a dedicated Windows server will be required. At the current time, I do not provide services for these types of client/server networks.
If you are considering a wireless network or need advice regarding an existing network, P&M Computer Services can offer solutions.
- Configure wired and wireless network devices to allow for file and print sharing
- Configure wireless routers and access points for wireless device connections
- Configure wired and wireless network printers
- Configure wireless devices (desktops, laptops, smartphones, iPads and tablets)
- Extend wired Ethernet or wireless networks in hard to reach areas